Its strange how certain people impact your life. Over the past few days, i've learnt a lot, both of myself and of other people. The HSBC Youth Seminar brought with it much laughter, sleep(caught on camera!), self-reflection, obligation and interaction. I met rich kids from all over - Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong. And by some weird connection, we shared, we learnt, we lived. From these people, i got my priorities in check; i broadened my horizons. I lived and let live. Though i might never see or actulize meeting up with any one of them again, i've seriously learnt so much. I've watched how people interact; what makes them tick. I feel more in tuned somehow, like a new "me" just itching to burst out.
I can't wait for Cornell. A fresh start, a clean slate. The "Meet the President of Cornell" cocktail party, the lunch with a Cornell kid, new people, new adventures, a different life ahead. This past week has been meeting people non-stop..hectic but so much of a rush. I don't intend to dump the old, but the potential new seems so appealing.
And i don't hate a certain someone. I think i finally figured him out. And its totally cool and nice and sweet. So if ever i am bored or free, i know who to give a call. He makes darn good company, but not as good a chase. I finally figured out who he really is and i'm totally down with that. These few days has taught me there's so much more to life. Family, is most important. Who else makes you tick? Interaction with people is a fine art, and im learning more and more. I hope to find many more good friends in life, who will carry me through the years. My closest friends, here in Singapore, we shall always remain. Our lives, entwined in a circle, so even if we stray, we remain interlinked, together and forever.
These few days have made me change the way i feel, the way i look at certain things. Im more at ease with myself right now, i think, more than ive ever been. I think ive grown in confidence and by some unspoken maturity. This experience has been really great. Its taught me believing in someone is possible and i don't have to shun away. To stop hiding behind certain disguises, i know i make myself more vunerable. But as i was taught, bigger risks bring back bigger returns. The more you invest, the more you can hope to get. Of course there's the element of chance, of the great unknown. But that makes it so much more fun somehow, like living life on the dangerous side. Life, to me, before this, had become almost monotonous, drab without much feel. Now, i look out at the world, i stretch and feel the zest consume my entire length.
Here's waiting for August.